By Chelsey Burris
Old Salem Farm was host to a memorable edition of the Adequan®/FEI North American Youth Championships this year. Here are 5 of the most exciting moments from the competition.
- Rookies Score Big – The Region 4 Junior team was made up entirely of NAYC rookies who had never competed at NAYC before. With a tough task ahead of them, they worked together to earn the Team Gold.
- Youngest takes Double Gold – Annelise Klepper, Region 2 Junior riding Happy Texas Moonlight, earned the Individual Gold and Freestyle Gold Medals. She is the first junior rider since 2016 to win double gold at NAYC, and she is the youngest out of all 33 juniors in the division at just 14 years old!
- A Bittersweet Finale – Callie Jones, Region 2 Young Rider riding Don Philippo, earned the Individual Gold and Freestyle Gold Medals. She also won the Fiona Baan Award for the second year in a row. This is her last year of eligibility for NAYC, and she finished in style! Region 2 swept the Individual and Freestyle competitions, earning Gold in both the Junior and Young Rider divisions.
- Like Father Like Son – Nicholas Bryan, Region 3 Junior, was cheered on by his father at his first ever NAYC competition. His father, Todd Bryan, won the dressage Individual Gold Medal at NAYC 30 years ago.
- Personal Bests Help Earn Gold – Kayla Kadlubek, Region 1 Young Rider riding Perfect Step, scored a personal best of 72.647% which helped her Region 1 team clinch the Young Rider Team Gold Medal.