Celebrating Draft Horses!

1787
Submitted by Jennifer K. - FHF Super Duty - Registered Belgian

Draft power!!  This month on YourDressage, we are celebrating the mighty Draft Horse and Draft Crosses of all kinds.  Dressage riders who choose Drafts as their mounts are eligible for many Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards as there are several Draft organizations on our Participating Organization list.

We recently asked our social media followers to share photos of their Drafts, and let us know what makes them so special. Below, you can see some of their photos and stories.  Keep an eye out for more Draft galleries throughout the month of August.

Do you want to share a photo of your Draft or Draft Cross? E-mail us at yourdressage@gmail.com for your chance to be featured! Stay tuned to YourDressage all month long as we celebrate #DraftPower, with photo galleries and exclusive stories from Draft enthusiasts across the country!

Submitted by Cassidy H. – This is Herman, I have had him for five years now. He was an Amish horse and a trail horse before I got him. When I got him he didn’t know much about dressage or how to really pick up his feet, but he has come a long way, and has tried his heart out every step of the way!
Submitted by @ashmariez – My Clydesdale mare Midnight Dreary (aka Raven) has wings, I swear. She’s an amazing horse. This was our very first show back in the spring and she handled it like a pro!
Submitted by Dedra W. – This is Cheyenne, an Appaloosa x Belgian, my first dressage horse. He helped my earn my Bronze Medal and helped earn my Fourth Level scores towards my Silver medal. He has taken me to GAIG/USDF Regional Championships twice, and has since been retired from midlevel work, and my mother now rides him just simple WTC.
Submitted by Emma S. – This is my Irish Sport Horse/draft. We currently compete dressage and he is the definition of a gentle giant! His name is Guinness and his show name is Guinness On Draft!
Submitted by Liz L. – Love my Belgian x Fjord cross! There is nothing like the draft cross work ethic!
Submitted by Julie S. – My Suffolk Punch gelding, Hercules. 10 year old, riding 1st Level.
Submitted by Samantha C. – I own two of the DCBOA grand and reserve champions through the FEI levels. Rubeus Hagrid (Friesian/Belgian draft) and I have turned heads everywhere we go as he is 18hh and quite the half giant! Hagrid was undefeated at Second Level in 2020, high point at every show, and we go over 70% twice.
Submitted By Samantha C. – I own two of the DCBOA grand and reserve champions through the FEI levels. Sir William (Clyde/TB) and I earned our Bronze and Silver USDF medals and made it half way to our gold together.
Submitted by Stefani W. – This handsome guy is Apollo doing first level. DNA testing says he is a Noriker, Percheron, shire mix.
Submitted by Agnieszka J. – Pippen of GBF. Gypsy Cob Cross. All Breeds Awards Champion in Second Level in American Gypsy Horse Association. Training Third Level.
Submitted by Victoria J.B. – Jadzia Dax, 24 years old, 1/4 Belgian, 3/4 TB
Submitted by Pam W. – This is Elvis, my Belgian x TB. He’s 8 years old and a well loved character
Submitted by Victoria W-M. – License to Chill – Tb x Belgian x Paint