The Great American Insurance Group/USDF Regional Dressage Championships take place annually in the late summer and early fall. These shows give competitors a great opportunity to compete against the top riders from their home region, with many hoping to use the competition to punch their ticket to the US Dressage Finals presented by Adequan® in November. Here are a few things to know if you plan on entering:
- If you plan on competing outside your region, make sure you submit an Annual Change of Region Request form.
- Check Qualified Rides on USDFScores.com for any issues. If any rides are shaded red, you will not appear on Preliminary Qualified Horse/Rider List.
- See if you appear on the Preliminary Qualified Horse/Rider List, available here.
- Make sure that the owner, rider, and horse names are recorded and spelled the same with both US Equestrian and USDF.
- Ensure that all horse, rider, and owner memberships are still active at the time of the competition.
- Review the Great American/USDF Regional Championship Rules, available here.
- Do you want to ride in either the USDF Regional Adult Amateur Equations Final class presented by Big Dee’s Tack and Vet Supply or the USEF/USDF Dressage Seat Medal Semi-Finals? You are automatically qualified if riding in a championship class (Freestyle excluded)! Information available on the USDF website.