PHASE- Limb Phases are part of the cycle of limb movement.
• Stance phase: foot on the ground
• Swing phase: foot moving through the air
Support Phases are differentiated according to which limbs are in the stance and swing phases.
• An aerial or suspension phase occurs when none of the limbs is in contact with the ground (all limbs are in the swing phase).
• Each gait has a characteristic sequence of support phases:
• The walk has 8 support phases in each stride.
• The trot has 2 support phases and 2 suspension phases in each stride.
• The canter has 5 support phases and 1 suspension phase in each stride.
Full glossary: http://bit.ly/2019USDFGlossary